Pin It

(Ottawa Dog of the Week for January 5th/09)

Raleigh the Labrador Retriever German Shepherd Mix

“My name is Raleigh and I’m a nine week old Labrador Retriever German Shepherd mix. Even though I’m only 10 pounds now, I know I’m going to grow to be very big. I get lots of attention whenever I go on walks; everybody seems to love my soft coat and different colours. I love going to the park and playing hockey in the snow with Dad. He always helps me score a hat trick! After a long game, I love relaxing on Mom’s feet in the kitchen. I know that I probably shouldn’t pee in the house, but I can’t help it! I’m so little still, I just can’t hold it! Even when I do, Mom and Dad still love me; they always play games with me and want to spend lots of time with me.

I have to go – my tail keeps calling my name and it’s time that I chased it again! I just hope that I don’t do another somersault trying to catch it! ” – Raleigh (with help from Mom and Dad, Amanda and JF)

Raleigh the Labrador Retriever German Shepherd Mix

This dog is NOT up for adoption. The Ottawa Dog of the Week posts feature a family dog in Ottawa. Each week an Ottawa dog gets to be a star. The Ottawa Dog of the Week dogs are from loving homes and are not available for adoption.

31 Comments

1. Amelyssa says:

Oh my gosh, he is an exact twin of my pup Trinity. She is 5 months now, but she looked exactly like he did at his age.
    Feel free to email me if you want to chat, we frequent Bruce Pit so maybe the two of them will meet up sometime soon :)

2. tracey 60 says:

He is so cute! He looks just like my dog Cherokee did when he was a puppy!

3. janeses says:

Hi, I recently adopted a german shepherd cross. Chanced upon Raleigh pictures today, would it be possible for me to forward a photo of Cosmo to you for comparison??

Thanks so much

Jane – a zillion miles away in Singapore

4. Nick_86 says:

Hi, I just got a puppy I was trying to find out what he is and I found this site and Raleigh’s pics. He looks just like my puppy. Do you think you can send me some recent pics so that i can see how big my puppy will get an what he is going to look like,

Thanks

5. knickknack says:

CUTE pup! We adopted a 1.5 year old german shepherd-lab mix so I was wondering how he looked when he was a puppy. Thanks for sharing your photos! If you’re curious to find out how Raleigh will look when he gets bigger, you can view our now 20month old Mack at http://kishome.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-with-mack.html.

6. milan says:

hi your dog looks really nice, i was considering getting a labrador cross german shepherd but iwas wondering what its temperment would be like, please may you tell me information about you dogs temperment and any other information about this cross you think would be useful before i decide which dog to get

7. sherrycline says:

I was trying to figure out what my dog is a mix of and your dog looks exactly like my dog when he was about 10 weeks old when we got him. Could you tell me how big and how old he is now or send me a picture so I can compare him to my dog and see if perhaps this is the type of dog he is? Thank you! iseal_2003@hotmail.com

8. milea canoy says:

that is just the cutest thing i have ever seen and it looks like my dog that i have he is german shepherd lab mix. the cutest thing ever i will try to post a pic but it is on my phone. he is ten weeks old. my little baby.

9. Hannah Noel says:

We adopted a puppy a little over a month ago and I’ve been trying to figure out what he is. We assumed he was a Rottie mix, but something just wasn’t clicking, but he looks so much like your puppy when he was that little! do you have any pics from when the pup was 3-4 months of age?

10. lovingchris says:

I have a German Shepard mix and it looks just like your dog to the t. She is around 8-10 weeks now she has all the same markings and she weighs 11.2 lbs right now and we are wondering maybe how big she may get, she is a mix so if you could possible send a recent pic that would be awesome so maybe we could get a idea cause i believe she is mixed the same as yours… thanks

11. DOUGT88 says:

I HAVE A CORGI MIX 2 YRS OLD ( NAME BEAR ) LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM

12. I have a puppy right now named Stone and I’m not sure how old he is. He might be going on 9 weeks now and I think he looks so much like your dog! Can you send me recent pictures of him? That would mean a lot to me! :) thanks!

13. belswaney says:

Any chance you can send me an updated pic of Raleigh? We adopted a rescue puppy and she looks so much like yours but with less brown tones. She is mostly black with a white blaze on forehead, chin & chest. She is 15 weeks now and more brown is filling in on her paws and around her eyes.

I am wondering how tall and how much your dog is now. We have no idea what to expect. We rescued her from a so called “rescuer”, who turned out to be notorious dog flipper. She advertised our Sadie as a Cockapoo. There isn’t a drop of poodle in her.. not one curl. I would be happy to email some pics of her to you also.

14. lily1709 says:

I have a pup named Mini looks exactly like this… smaller though :P so cute…

15. diva says:

She is so cute.
    Maybe that’s why Rocco loves her so much.
    I hope this is the right Pic:)
    Call me and tell me k Hunnie

16. lisa says:

I adopted two rescue dogs around 5 years old. They dont bark !!! how can I train them to bark ?
    Their temperment are very rare. They dont like my daddy.
    Even he give them the food they dont eat.only he go for a walk is OK. What can I do ?

17. larry thompson says:

I love your puppy he looks alot like our puppy Damon. how big is Raleigh now.:)

18. sara dorman says:

heey im just wondering where you got your dog from ? my aunts dog had puppies a while ago, and your dog is litterally my dogs twin. i have a feeling your puppy might be my dogs sister. im just curious (:

19. kayla says:

awww. my babygirl looked just like him when she was that age. they have the same markings an all. i never knew id see a dog that looks like her.:)

20. Jannike says:

Wow looks almost exactly like my dog! I adopted a puppy about a month ago that is around 3 months now, and she’s almost identical to that puppy. How cool! We don’t know what our puppy is but we’ve thought a German Shepherd mix already from the beginning.

Beautiful pup by the way.

21. Amy says:

I know this was a while ago, but we have a puppy that looks just like Raleigh, does anyone have any pictures of their dog at an older age with similar features? I’m curious to see what she might look like, thanks! :)
    Aspsack@yahoo.com

22. Amanda says:

Raleigh is from a breeder in Quebec! Her mom and (supposed to be) father are both labs, however when the mother was pregnant with the labs puppies she wandered down the street and mated with a German Shepard. It was only her and her sister in the whole breed who had the shep. markings. She just turned three at the start of October and is now tipping the scales at a hefty 85 pounds!

23. Josh Sarz says:

I have a 3 month old German Shepherd Labrador mix, and she looks just like your puppy. Although this blog post was written two years ago, I hope you’re still able to see this. Do you have any pictures of your dog Raleigh, at present time?

24. esma says:

your dog is so cute! how big is raleigh now? :)

25. william says:

such an adorable pup. this looks nearly identical to the pup i got last week. he sleeps just like yours is in the fifth pic. he is only 7 weeks old, but strongly resembles your dog. just curious, do you have any present pictures? if so, please send them to wmstubbs9@gmail.com thanks so much.

26. Phillip O. says:

Hey,

I also have a German Shepherd hybrid. His name is Rosko, and he is mixed with a Chocolate Lab, he is 8 weeks old, I see that this is from quite a few years back and was wondering if it would be possible to send me some updated pictures of Raleigh. (overcash111007@gmail.com)

I also am from Raleigh, I attend NC State.

Thanks,

Phil

27. DESMA says:

i have the same exact dog looks jus like yours its girl we call her MARY J

28. Lora says:

We too were browsing to see what mix our new rescue pup might be and came across these photos and I swear, aside from the dates, she is a twin! Thank you for posting as we were unsure of her mix but figured she might be a lab/shepard cross.

29. Chris Magee says:

My uncle has a dog that is an exact copy of this dog!!!!

30. nat says:

i have the same dog mix looks just like him i would love to see the latest pics my puppy’s 2 years old now but he looked just like yours when he was 6 weeks

31. amelia says:

Hi all, we adopted a puppy where we live in Portugal yesterday and she looks exactly like Raleigh! We´ve named her Shylo. If anyone has a picture of their german shepherd mix like Raleigh as a grown dog could you please please send to ameliastpierre@googlemail.com? I´d love to see. I tried to follow the link from knickknack but couldnt access it…thanks!