Halloween is coming, and PetSmart has everything you need to get your dog ready. Want to dress your dog like a sock monkey? You can do that! Look for PetHalloween™ by Top Paw™ Plush Sock Monkey™ Costume. Or dress your pet as rocker Bret Michaels.
The superhero costumes from DC Comics and Marvel are sure to be a knockout. Try dressing your dogs and kids in a group costume! They could be the Avengers! Super costumes include Spider Man, Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain America and more.
I have to admit, I kind of love Martha Stewart’s pet line. One of the first toys I bought Sonnet was a handmade elephant (I named him Stewart). Now she’s come out with some adorable Halloween costumes. Your dog could be a pink or a black (this one glows in the dark!) skeleton, or perhaps a spider (I love the dangling legs!) Sonnet will be sporting a Martha Stewart costume this Halloween – stay tuned for pictures!
Enter the Monster Cute Facebook Photo Contest
PetSmart is looking for frighteningly adorable pets in costume for their annual Monster Cute Photo Contest Powered by GREENIES®. From now through October 21, pet parents can submit a photo of their pet in one of five categories on www.Facebook.com/PetSmart for a chance to win great prizes including a $10,000 grand prize, a year’s supply of GREENIES, and a PetSmart treat bag filled with Halloween toys.Not sure which costume is right for your pet? PetSmart has created the Spooktacular Costume Machine to upload a photo of your pet and virtually try on 10 different costumes and share a photo of your pet in costume on Facebook. Plus, get special discount offers for costumes and treats just for using the machine.
For pet parents looking to host their own at-home Howl-O-Ween pet parties, Schlegel Whitman has these ghoulish guidelines for a festive fete:
• Set up a fake graveyard with rawhide bones and other treats for dogs to sniff and find.
• Embellish pumpkins, setting them out for pets to use as water and food bowls.
• Carve pumpkins in your pet’s likenesses, tracing from a photo or online template.
• Create a pet-friendly bobbing game using galvanized buckets filled with water and tennis balls.
• Set up a photo station to capture the fun. To get better photos, have the photographer get down on the floor to snap the pet, instead of from up above.