A reader informed me today that there had been a fire at the Navan Animal Rescue Corporation (NARC) facilities. I quickly contacted them and sadly, it is true.
From NARC founder, Michelle:
Yes, we lost everything in the fire. You can see my blog, it gives pretty much the details.
[The Fire] happened Jan 1st, we need leashes, collars, money to buy back all of our medications for the dogs (dewormers, advantage, etc…) which will cost at least $1,000 or more – I asked them to price it for me so we will see on Friday what the bill is. We are working on getting the mobile home up and running and we need help in installing flooring, drywall, painting, etc… We may need foster homes for new dogs coming in this weekend. We are OK with food as it was in the trailer so didn’t burn with my house but everything else did – treats, plastic crates, towels for doggy baths, face cloths, doggy shampoo, laundry detergent, etc…
This is such a sad story. Some dogs did die in the fire and with all of their resources gone, they are in desperate need of money and the items Michelle listed above. This was also Michelle’s home and she has lost everything too. If you can help in any way possible, please contact NARC by calling 613-834-7005 or email them.