Please be aware: Do not let your dog drink water at Conroy or Bruce Pit.
UPDATE on Tuesday November 16th at 4:30pm
I received the following from the NCC
On behalf of everyone at the NCC, our heart goes out to those who have lost a dog or whose pets were ill.
At the NCC, we find reports of such occurrences very disturbing. We take them seriously and investigate them.
Immediately after hearing the news yesterday (November 15), an NCC Conservation Officer was on site to assess the situation. She spoke to dog owners and walked the grounds. She did not have anything abnormal to report.
We are currently investigating this situation. Another NCC Conservation Officer met with the dog owner whose dog passed away this morning (November 16). They walked the grounds, at Conroy Pit, together and the Conservation Officer had nothing abnormal to report.
At this point, we have not been able to establish a link between visits to Conroy Pit and this unfortunate situation.
We have contacted the Responsible Dog Owners of Canada to help reach out to dog owners. They can be reached through their website at http://www.responsibledogowners.ca
We ask that the dog owners remain prudent and report any abnormal situations at Conroy Pit and Bruce Pit.
The NCC can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 613-239-5000 or 1-800-465-1867 (toll-free).
We will continue to monitor the situation and ask the public’s cooperation in this matter.
NCC – Communications
There has been no evidence of antifreeze and that it’s linked to the dogs’ deaths.
My heart goes out to the families of these pups.